I’m often found searching for something to eat raw crunchy vegetables with, and this very quick mackerel pate is a real winner. It’s also very easy to adapt and personalise you your own tastes. I mix between using peppered mackerel fillets and plain, and choose to heat the pate with either chilli flakes or horseradish sauce, depending on what I fancy.
- 2 fillets (approximately 160 grams) of vacuum packed smoked mackerel fillets
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 2-3 tablespoons of olive oil, depending on how smooth you like your pate
- 1/2 teaspoon of dried chilli flakes OR 1 teaspoon of horseradish sauce
- Simply place all of the ingredients, starting with 2 tablespoons of olive oil, into a food processor and blend, or blend together in a bowl using a stick blender.
- Check the consistency as you blend, and add more olive oil according to how smooth the pate is looking and to your preference.