Fed up with my standard 2 ingredient pancakes (1x banana mashed with 2x beaten eggs) always looking like a dog’s dinner, I decided to try something new today. I am calling this new creation Banana, Oat & Cinnamon Breakfast Cakes.
- 1 ripe banana
- 1 cup of oats
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees centigrade (or 180 for a fan oven).
- In a bowl, mash the banana with the back of a fork until it’s gooey.
- Add the oats and cinnamon to the bowl
- Add the eggs
- Mix the whole lot together with the fork you used to mash the banana, until you have a gooey, thick batter.
- Take a muffin tin (I have a silicon one which I find really easy to use as it means I don’t need muffin cases) and spoon the mixture evenly into the 6 sections of the muffin tray. You should have enough mixture to fill each section to about half way. If using a muffin tin, grease first with some butter or oil of your choice, or line with muffin cases.
- Cook in the oven for 20 minutes, or until the cakes are cooked though (they should be fairly firm to touch). Note that they don’t rise at all.
- Take out of the oven and leave to cool for a few minutes before turning them out.